The Axiom Damage Protection plan terms and conditions as stated, required, signed off and provided on this document, including your details and that of the Covered item
12 months from the Policy start date shown on the Covered item’s Receipt and based on time period selected.
Policy Start Date
The Covered item’s purchase date as shown on your Covered item’s Receipt, and recorded electronically in Axiom Telecom’s systems
The purchase invoice along with your signed Policy received when the Covered item(s) are purchased from Axiom or an Axiom authorized reseller setting out the Covered item(s) and related Axiom Damage Protection Plan(s).
We, our, us
The person named as the purchaser of the Covered item(s).
COVERS AND LIMITS
The Policy covers Covered items owned and used by you and members of your Family.
Damage (Accidental/Liquid/Cracked screen) - What is Covered?
If the Covered item suffers damage including liquid damage caused by the Covered item being in contact with any liquid through spillages, damp conditions, and natural weather conditions and leaking batteries during the Policy Period, we will reimburse the cost of repair. If it is not possible or economic to repair up to the value mentioned within your Policy, we will reimburse the cost of replacing the Covered item.
Damage - What is Not Covered?
Damage caused by:
• You or a member of your Family deliberately damaging or neglecting the Covered item;
• The covered item being used by someone else other than you or a member of your Family;
• Failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions;
• Cosmetic damage; or
• Routine servicing, inspection, maintenance, dismantling or cleaning of the Covered item.
Policy Limits - Applicable to Retail/Online/Reseller New Sales Policies
• The maximum amount we will reimburse for repair or reimbursement of a Covered item is if the cost of repair falls within the range of the purchase price of the Covered item as set out on the Receipt.
• In the case of reimbursement of goods, a depreciation scale will be used against the Covered item which is based on when the claim was been reported.
• The depreciation scale is as follows:
• 0-6 months – 20% (80% of Original Purchase Price is payable)
• 6-12 months – 30% (70% of Original Purchase Price is payable)’
EXCLUSIONS – APPLICABLE TO ALL PLANS
We will not pay for:
• Any Incident occurring outside the Policy Period;
• Any Covered item that was not in full working order when you purchased the Policy;
• Damage as a result of a Covered item being used by someone else other than you or a member of your Family;
• Any claim where you are unable to provide the Receipt or satisfactory proof of purchase of a Covered item;
• Any claim where the serial number for a Covered item or the IMEI number for a Mobile Phone has been removed or tampered with in any way;
• Any Incident involving damage that results in a claim for the Covered item which is not reported to us within 48 hours of discovery;
• Damage caused by any form of portable external storage media including but not limited to memory cards, USB memory sticks or other digital recording equipment as well as accessories;
• Cosmetic Damage, wear and tear, rusting or other deterioration due to normal use or exposure, or where there has been a failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the Covered item;
• Any software or data installed on the Covered item, such as telephone numbers, ringtones, music, pictures, applications or videos, damage caused as a result of a virus damage caused by the installation of software or applications or any costs incurred during reinstallation;
• Any costs suffered by you or a member of your Family as a result of not being able to use any Covered item or any costs other than the repair or replacement cost of a Covered item;
• Any claim arising from the confiscation, requisition or destruction of a Covered item by any government, public or legal authority;
• Any labor or other charges incurred where a fault cannot be found with a Covered item;
• Any costs or damage caused to a Covered item by war, terrorism, invasion, revolution or any similar event;
• Damage to any accessories or other devices which are not defined as an electronics product;
• Software malfunctions or other issues related to or caused due unauthorized software enhancements;
• Damage caused due to rooting, jail breaking or installing Custom ROMs or other software that may affect the Covered item’s hardware;
• Any accessories that may be included or bundled with the Covered item including not limited to batteries, headphones, chargers, charger cables, cases, covers, camera lenses and any other accessories; and/or
• Unauthorized repair or modification undertaken by any third party service provider.
MAKING A CLAIM
• Report any Incident likely to give rise to a claim to the Axiom service center within 48 hours of discovery.
• We may ask you to complete a claim form and return it together with the Receipt and any other documents required to support your claim. This may include details of the make, model and serial number (IMEI number for a Mobile Phone) of any Covered item.
• If you are reimbursed for the replacement of the Covered item, the damaged Covered item will belong to the Insurance Provider. If the Covered item is then returned to you or if it is found, you must contact us immediately and if we ask, you must send it to us.
GENERAL CONDITIONS – APPLYING TO ALL SECTIONS
You will be charged the Fee shown unless the Policy is cancelled by you or by us. If you fail to pay a Fee when due we may terminate your Policy.
2. Reasonable Precautions
Covered items must be kept in a good state of repair and all reasonable steps taken to prevent damage.
3. Other insurance policies
If at the time of a claim you have other insurance policies covering the Covered item, we will only pay our share of the claim.
4. Changes We Can Make To The Policy
• We can review and change the Fee or change the terms and conditions of the Policy. The changes may increase or reduce the Fee and may improve or reduce the cover provided by the Policy, including the Policy limits.
• You will be given at least 30 days’ notice in writing of any change which will be sent to your Home address or registered email address with Axiom.
• The circumstances that may give rise to a change in Fee or to the terms and conditions of the Policy include (but are not restricted to): significant adverse claims experience, significant increase in the Insurance Provider’s operating costs, inflation, economic and environmental factors, and changes in legislation, or taxation.